A united voice advocating for the diverse needs of suburban schools.
1. In a comprehensive education system supporting life-long learning.
2. It is the responsibility of public education to support all aspects of student learning.
3. A local school district must have the ability to make educational and fiscal decisions appropriate for its school community.
4. The State must provide adequate financial support for all public schools.
- – Funding for public schools must be stable, reliable, and predictable.
- – The state must fully fund the additional costs for programs that support special education and at-risk students.
- – All state mandates should be fully funded.
Our Vision and Strategic Goals
- To develop and nurture collaborative relationships with state agencies, advocacy groups, and other organizations to accomplish mutual objectives to inform and communicate proactively with member districts on the legislative process and pending legislation;
- To research, prioritize, develop and initiate legislation advantageous to member districts and to advocate for or against pending legislation affecting member districts;
- To develop and nurture collaborative relationships with state agencies, advocacy groups, state legislators and legislative staff, and other organizations for advocacy efforts and to accomplish mutual objectives.